Floating Bench ™ is not like any other playground equipment. It is a levitating experience for the one who runs along the soft, swirling tracks. It challenges balance and coordination with its bows, turns, waves and straight lines. The visually compelling Floating Bench ™ transforms the landscape and makes an impression on both adults and children.
A DIFFERENT KIND OF GATHERING PLACE
Floating Bench ™ is an individually adapted bench that floats and rolls through the landscape, inspiring the user to creative physical movements. It is also an excellent place for groups of people to gather and socialise. The track is suspended with steel legs in different angles which makes it stylish and robust.
- The track is padded with natural rubber mat with shock absorption and a subtle non-slip texture.
- Can be delivered with optional integrated LED light
- The bench is mounted on site by Rampline.
Floating Bench™ | custom made activity bench covered with natural rubber
Width: 33 cm
Height: Max. 100 cm
Materials, quality and durability
- The bench is constructed with modules of steel sheets suspended with steel legs in different angles which makes it stylish and robust.
- The top is padded with natural rubber mat with rounded edges, shock absorption and a subtle non-slip texture. All parts are designed for long-term outdoor use.
- Floating Bench™ is made of stainless steel (6 mm sheets) and round stainless steel pipes in various diameters (14 – 20 mm).
- The top is padded with a 22 mm non toxic natural rubber with shock absorbing properties and non-slip texture.
- Management, operations and maintenance documentation is provided at delivery.
Mounting and safety
Mounting on different Ground covers
Suitable ground covers
- Wet poured ground covers (rubber or cork), artificial grass
- Grass and loose-fill ground covers (sand, wood chips etc.)
- Firm ground covers e.g. paving stones can also be used when limiting the height of the device to 60 cm. In the case of firm ground covers an overall safety assessment of the playground should be made.
- Please specify the type of ground cover that will be used on enquiry/order.
- Up to 60 cm. Can be delivered up to 100 cm on request.
- The required extent of the safety area around the equipment is 150 cm (ref EN 1176-1: 2017 / 18.104.22.168.5).
- The safety area can overlap with other equipment according to EN 1176-1:2017 / 22.214.171.124.3
- Floating Bench™ is anchored to concrete foundations and the tracks and legs are welded in place.
- The required foundation thickness is 15 cm.
- The device is mounted in place by Rampline.
Design and adapting to the location
- The track is composed of 1, 2 and 3 meter straight or undulating units as well as 30˚turns with a 85 cm radius (centerline). Leg diameters are 14 – 20 mm
- Each Floating Bench™ is made unique by adaption to the area and existing landscape.
- The rubber top gives the bench rounded edges and shock absorbing properties as well as a non slip textured surface.
- The height of the bench is up to 59 cm as a standard, but can be made maximimum 100 cm if safety measures is taken.
- The rubber top provides shock absorbtion, rounded edges and a non-slip texture.
- The product is certified by TÜV according to Playground equipment EN 1176-1:2017
Included in the price
The stated price includes mounting. In addition comes freight, technical drawings for site adaptation as well as ground-level concrete foundation. We are more than happy to provide a cost estimate on Floating Bench ™ for your project. Please contact us.
Floating Bench ™ can be delivered with optional integrated lighting. With dimmable LED light the bench become well visible and visually intriguing day and night, as the lighting emphasizes the levitating charachteristics of the bench.
The LED strip spreads the light 180 degrees and is a robust system designed for outdoor use in public environments. The system consists of a continous LED strip and is dimmable and flexible.
- 24 volt, 6.7 watts per meter. A small transformer every ten meters (24 volts for safety and to enable dimming).
- The main transformer is located either in a ground box close to the bench, or in a cabinet maximum 12 meters away for connection to 230V .
- For dimming, a cable with 4 wires is needed (2 live wires, 1 for dimming and 1 ground).
- The light has a warm white color temperature.
- OEM is included with the product.
More activity equipment
Zig-zag balance beam
Pull up bar